DIGITAL PRESS KIT
HEADSHOTS ABOVE TO BE USED IN PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE PROGRAMS AND OFFICIAL SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE ON SITE APPEARANCES ONLY.
Jennie Jarvis / Jarvis Mitchem is currently seeking representation.
Jennie Jarvis 50 word bio:
An award-winning author and screenwriter, Jennie Jarvis regularly conducts workshops on screenwriting, novel writing, pitching, creativity, the writer's life, and more. Her work has appeared in Writer’s Digest Magazine and The Florida Writer, and she teaches creative writing. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Queens University of Charlotte.
Jennie Jarvis 200 word bio:
Jennie Jarvis worked in the film and television industry in several major cities around the world. While working in Beverly Hills, she served as a script analyst, producing coverage for producers, investors, actors and writers. She has operated as a freelance script consultant for over fifteen years working with clients around the world, and she wrote and directed a number of short narrative and documentary films. Major credits include The Matrix: Revolutions, Accepted, American Idol and more.
Since returning to her native state of Florida, Jennie has successfully built and coordinated screenwriting contests as well as served as a judge for film, theater and writing competitions. As a prose writer, she published the award-winning textbook Crafting The Character Arc: A Practical Guide to Character Creation and Development. She won awards for screenplays, essays, poetry and short fiction, and her writing appeared in Writer’s Digest Magazine and The Florida Writer. Jennie writes Young Adult fiction under the name Jarvis Writes, and is currently seeking representation.
She is a past Faculty Chairperson for the Florida Writer’s Association Annual Conference, and she created the Jacksonville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition and the Full Sail University Writing Conference. She teaches writing at Full Sail University.
* 2019 "Toxic," Qu Literary Magazine
*2018 Condoms and Hot Tubs Don't Mix, An Anthology of Awakward Sexcapades (co-editor), Beating Windward Press
*2016 "The Reckoning," Bad Apple Zine
*2014, Crafting the Character Arc: A Practical Guide to Character Creation and Development, Beating Windward Press
*“Waking,” Reflective Essay, 2014 Florida Writer’s Association Collection
* 5writers.com (regular contributor)
* "#We Told You So: 13th Annual Florida Writers Conference Recap," writer, The Florida Writer article, Fall 2014
* “What’s New at the Annual Conference,” writer, The Florida Writer article, Summer 2014
* “What Do They Want: Agents, Managers, Producers,” writer, The Florida Writer article, Summer 2014
*“Defining Transmedia,” Cover Story, writer, The Florida Writer article, Spring 2014
* “Game Changing Moves,” contributor, Writer’s Digest Magazine article, September 2013
* “How To Make The Most From Your Conference Experience,” writer, The Florida Writer article, Summer 2013
Recent Writing Awards:
*2015 Royal Palm Literary Award for Best Educational
*2015 Royal Palm Literary Award for Best Unpublished Young Adult Novel, Expectation BLVD. (aka Coming Into Focus)
* Winner - 2014 Dahris Clair Award for Screenwriting
* Winner - 2014 Royal Palm Literary Award for Best Screenplay, The Silver Bullet
* 2014 Royal Palm Literary Award for Best Unpublished Fantasy Novel, Out of the Ashes
Film and Television credits available upon request